Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Duchess.


I just watched this film for the first time over the weekend and I can't get enough of it. The story of Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire was so interesting that now I want to do a lot of research about her life! The movie was very similar to Marie Antoinette in many ways - especially the brilliant costuming - but it still stood apart in my mind. I particularly loved the music; it was all classical unlike Marie Antoinette and it added so much emotion to the sad story.







5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear it was good. I love Keira Knightley, and I really wanted to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I haven't seen it yet - but I'm just about to watch Marie Antoinette. Again. For what seems like the the 100th time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched the film yet, but it is definitely on my list. I may be mistaken, but I think the Duchess of Devonshire and Marie Antoinette were acquaintances in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Marie Antionette! We watched that in French class one day (not in French, thankfully).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome stills. I am dying to see this film even more now.
    P.S. The drawing was definitely Rodarte inspired--I figured if I couldn't afford to buy them I could at least draw them. :)

    ReplyDelete