Tuesday, March 3, 2009

YES.



I was so excited to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on the cover of Spin. They've been one of my favorite bands for a really long time, and I'm so excited about their new CD, "It's Blitz", which is coming out in April. I looked for Youtube videos of their new single "Zero," but couldn't find any. They also do a great cover of the Ramone's "Sheena is a Punk Rocker," you should definitely check it out, Karen O's voice does it justice.

EDIT: I just found this photo, and rumor has it that it's going to be the cover of the new CD. I love it!

8 comments:

  1. i haven't heard of them, but i will definately check them out, plus thats a seriously great album cover, i may just buy the cd for that cover ;'D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a favorite of mine as well! What kind of stuff do you listen to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant photo! I can't take my eyes off it!
    The only song I've ever heard by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is "Maps." And geez, that was released probably 5 years or more years ago. I need some new music in my life, so maybe I'll give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, while this post is about music, I was reminded of the comment you left me a few days ago on my post about Jane Austen's favorite music.

    I would be very much interested to listen to some of Marie Antoinette's favorite classical music. I'll have to see if I can find a copy somewhere. And wow, Marie, the Duchess of Devonshire, & company really were so inter-connected! Thank you for sharing the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's an egg? ahhh, c'est génial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard they are touring again as well? That would be amazing but I bet tickets sell out ASAP.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at album covers, like old posters, the designing of them intrigues me. haha. But as for them, im not quite a 'fan' yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I haven't listened to them in forever. This is a good reminder!
    Karen O has such great style too!

    ReplyDelete